Welcome!

The Art Galleries of SL List is available at http://sasun.info/ArtGalleriesOfSL.htm.



New visitors, please read: About This Blog

Monday, December 1, 2008

Fixed SLURLS and a big fat RSS feed for you!

For the longest time I didn't realize that a lot of blog readers/aggregators ignored secondlife:// style SLURLs. So from now on all links in this blog are, unfortuantely, http://slurl.com style SLURLs so that all the aggregators won't strip the darn links out to all the galleries. I hate the extra wait 'n click to go through slurl.com, but it seems it's a necessary evil. At least now the RSS feed from here can be properly syndicated with links to galleries that actually work :\

In other news, I have a test version of something very very cool - a consolidated RSS feed of all the RSS feeds from everyone on this gallery list! So now with one feed you can follow ALL of the galleries on this site. Cool huh! I've been working hard to get it to work, and let me tell you it was NOT EASY. But it's working and you can subscribe at http://sasun.info. I've got a few kinks to work out, such as duplicate blog entries showing up (I'll get to it) and it's not sorted by date like it's supposed to be (IE will sort it by date anyways, but FireFox doesn't), and I will be filtering non-gallery type blogs from the list in the near future too. Some gallery owners just put weird blog links into their kiosks that have nothing to do with their gallery or even art in SL.

Subscribe today and let me know what you think! This is a great one-stop shopping way to keep up with all the gallery events and activites. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment